RYT 200 Training begins January 2020.
Call for interview or more information. 810.225.1288.
Teacher's Training RYT 200 & 500* | Registered with Yoga Alliance since 2007
The Yoga Center's Teachers' Training Course will help you deepen and strengthen your own sadhana as well as prepare you, in Ghana Yoga, to incorporate multiple yogic disciplines, so you're able to confidently teach beginning and intermediate yoga classes via Bhakti Yoga. The foundation to becoming an inspirational teacher will be KEY in this training.
With Patanjali's Eight-Limb Path of Yoga as a basis of our studies, so much of what you do on your mat will make more sense, as you step off your mat to help others. Your Karma Yoga, Raja Yoga, Bhakti and Ghana yogic experiences will elevate your knowledge and insight to come from a place of satya and heart-felt compassion for others. With information from ancient masters to those more contemporary teachers, you will weave together a tapestry of information that enriches you and
WHY| Intimate small group instruction in nature and studio settings support dynamic and effective learning. Internationally and nationally certified and registered instructors provide a well-rounded perspective of study from Sivananda Hatha yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Flow, T.C.B., and restorative styles. Detailed directions and consistent support help immerse the student teacher in practical matters to assist development in professional ethics, personal leadership and effective communication, self-confidence and mastery. With the completion of this 200 hour program, you will meet the standards and requirements of Yoga Alliance, in becoming a Registered Yoga Teacher (R.Y.T.)
Our TTC (Teachers' Training Course/Candidates) will assist you in celebrating:
• Mouna — royal or noble silence
• Meditation — many methods taught to help you find the style that resonates with you
• Incorporate all 8 limbs in your teaching
• Learn the Bandas/locks, the Kriyas, Gunas and Doshas
• Learn about Ayurveda, the Sister Science of Yoga
• Learn the ethics of this beautiful profession
• Study and learn more about the Anatomy of Yoga
• Study the ancient texts of Yoga including the Bhagavad Gita
• Structure a lesson plan and classes that flow
• Practice and teach a myriad of different pranayamas
• Sequencing your classes around various themes
• Develop and learn skills for adjusting/assisting for your students
• Teach safety, via modifications, as well as more challenging asanas
• Develop comfort teaching: Hatha, Vinyasa, Ashtanga, restorative yoga
• Expose yourself to myriad styles and classes of yoga/teachers
• Explore different styles, types of meditation & teach
• Refine your instruction to be simple and succinct, clear and concise — and, so much more!
MASTER TEACHER - E-RYT 500 - REIKI Master - Ayurvedic Instructor - Lee Ann Louis-Prescott| Lee Ann Louis-Prescott, Ph. D. has been a student of yoga since 1974. Completed Sivananda TTC in 1978, and has been teaching yoga on the east and west coasts, now owning the Yoga Center for Healthy Living in Michigan where she conducts Teachers’ Training, Yoga Retreats, Reiki Training, and Teaches daily classes. She has studied with many teachers over the decades, and thus offers a wide variety of Yogic background and foundational studies! Join the journey in joy! She is assisted by other certified and registered instructors from the Y.C. team of experienced teachers.
Yoga Center RYT 200 Teachers’ Training| An indepth study in the science that is yoga. Our program is available for those who wish to teach, as well as for those who want to deepen their own personal practice and go more deeply into the myraid aspects of yoga. January to April.
TUITION| Deposit to reserve your space (deducted from total) $225. Total tuition due by April 1st. Discount if paid in full by December 10th $2,470 ($2,695 minus $225 deposit). If paid after December 10th $2,895. Payment plans available for an additional $100 fee.
Tuition fees include; training hour instruction, training manual and UNLIMITED yoga classes at the Yoga Center taught by the Y.C. Team through graduation (end of April). Tuition fees DO NOT include; required text books and additional fees for out-of-town guest speakers.
Training Sessions include:
• A beautiful yoga practice that includes asanas, Pranayama, and meditation
• Lecture and group discussions on yoga ethics and philosophy, application of yoga techniques, lesson planning, techniques and more
• Actual ‘hands on’ work with adjusting and assisting students
• Practice teaching to one’s peers, so as to feel comfortable and confident with one’s own voice, style, technique, heart and soul
MAIN PRINCIPLE OF OUR SCHOOL| Satya - thruthfulness in our thoughts, words, actions
BOOKS| Students must obtain required books (not included in tuition) approx $160. Preview the required book list on the Trainee Resources page.
REFUND POLICY| The tuition and fees paid by the applicant shall be refunded if the applicant is rejected by the school before enrollment. An application fee of not more than $25 may be retained by the Yoga Center if the application is denied. All tuition and fees paid by the application shall be refunded if requested within three business days after signing a contract/turning in your application and being accepted into the school. All refunds shall be returned within 20 days. Once the three business days have elapsed, the following policy will apply. Should applicant discontinue the training once commenced, applicant shall be subject to forfeiture of all or part of tuition paid, at the discretion of the Yoga Center. *Our yoga school is registered and licensed in the state of Michigan.
YOGA ALLIANCE CERTIFICATION| Our TTC conforms with the Yoga Alliance National Certification Standards. This is a Yoga Alliance 200 hour and 500 hour registered school. Upon completion of all requirements set out in this TTC, you will receive the Yoga Center’s Teacher Certification and will be eligible for Yoga Alliance registry. Visit yogaalliance.org to learn more. This Yoga Teachers’ Training School is also licensed in the state of Michigan. Requirements and coursework are provided at the interview with Lee Ann.
"I was hosting a retreat for women that suffer from betrayal trauma, at the end of the retreat I was asked how long I had been teaching and everyone guessed about 10 years...they were shocked to find out I only graduated 3 months ago! I know that my teaching is beyond its years because YOU taught me. I would never be the yoga teacher I am today without you and your style of teaching."
- Marta Modawell, RYT200, May 2016